COAN TENNIS ASSOCIATION, INC.
SCHOLARSHIP QUALIFYING CRITERIA
The Scholarship Committee for Coan Tennis Association, Inc. requires that scholarships be presented to graduating high school seniors based upon the following criteria:
1. Grade Point Average – strong enough for committee to deem sustainable at collegiate level.
2. Class Ranking – upper two-thirds of class.
3. Participating in extra-curricular academic activities highly desirable.
4. Scholastic Aptitude Test (PSAT/SAT/ACT) scores – college acceptable.
5. Writing composition ability – evaluated by committee.
6. Academic letters of reference required.
CTA will award scholarships to four deserving college bound high school seniors in the amount of $1,000 each on a first-come first-serve basis. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline has passed and MUST be complete in every detail to be considered.
Scholarship awards must be used for educational expenses at a Qualifying Institution. These expenses may include tuition, fees, room and board, books and supplies, transportation and other miscellaneous education related expenses. Scholarships will be paid in one installment and will be mailed directly to the college/university.
TRANSCRIPTS AND LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
School transcripts as well as letters of recommendation will be requested from referenced persons attesting to the candidate's scholastic ability as well as character. Scholarship candidates will not be considered without an official transcript.
All scholarship applications should be returned to the CTA Scholarship Committee by May 1, 2023.
Mail application to: CTA, Attention: Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 170185, Atlanta, GA 30317